7/23/09

I hate titling these.

Last night was one of those nights where I couldn't stop tossing and turning. My mind and body couldn't seem to agree on what to do. Around 6am I saw the light of day peeking through my blinds and I knew there was no way I could sleep now. After giving it some serious thought, at 6:15 I got out of bed and gave into my body's restlessness. I decided I would do my favorite thing- run on the beach.
A few weeks ago, the token nice lady at church ( you know her. Every congregation has one) told my roomates and I that sometimes we have restless sleep because maybe the Lord wants us to pray for someone, or that we need to hear something important from Him. I kind of dismissed her words as "token sweet church lady fluff-talk" but it was a nice thought.

At 6:30 I set out for my run. I'd never seen the beach look like it did; the tide was low and the sand was perfectly smooth. It was cloudy, cool, and practically deserted besides the few old men with their gold-digging machine things.
It was odd the random people that popped in my head mid-run. I got to thinking about Nice Church Lady and what she had said. So, I took the time I had this morning to be alone and to think and pray.
As I got caught up in how great of a person I was being, I was suddenly humbled when "what's your fantasy" by Ludacris had been playing on my pandora for at least a minute without me realizing it (that's the second time that song has played since yesterday).
Good thing the Lord forgives.

Anywho, I will be away from the beach and back to Oklahoma on august 4th. Boo hoo. Snu starts a few weeks after that. I wonder if I'd feel as inspired on a 6:30am run around Bethany after a sleepless night?
Truthfully, I'd probably just lay in bed til it was time to get up. But I'll work on it.

No comments: