5/25/08

pedicures with grandpa

well, i only have a few days left in america now. i'm in st. louis along with my mom and sister for grandpa's 75th birthday. i always love going to my grandparents house- hearing them argue at the television and insulting bill o'reilly has become a comfort to me (and it's also funny...grandpa has some creative insults). when my family and all the kids get together we always have a good time, because we all make each other laugh. but nothing like today has ever happened before...




...grandpa got a pedicure.



that's right! i had been telling my mom and cousin all day we should all get pedicures, because i wanted to bask in all the ridiculous luxuries of western culture before i came back from india feeling guilty about them (mom and i also got our eyebrows threaded). after looking at the sad state of grandpa's feet i jokingly suggested that he come, too. the joke turned into all of us rooting for him to come, and it surprisingly didn't take much to convince him. he must have secretly wanted to go all along because grandpa can be stubborn ;)



nail worker lady: "sir, would you like anything to drink?"
grandpa: "i'll take a scotch."


i think he's already booked his next appointment.





EDIT*
pictures from the big 75th b-day:

sweet cousins.




grandpa and his grandchildren (most of them)-

3 comments:

jessy burton said...

will your grandpa be my best friend?!

Abby said...

Awww, I miss talking to you!!! I can't wait to hear all about India!

Your grandpa is hilarious!! I love that he got a pedicure!

Okay, how does eyebrow threading work and does it hurt???

Anonymous said...

Katie-

Call me. I'm thinking you don't have phone servie where you are so check in before you leave, we need to take care of a few things before you are out of the country.

Love,
Mom