9/26/08

i'm gonna sell it to charity

EDIT:
i'm just going to say that this video is the funniest thing ever. and brooklynn and i made a similar video over this past christmas with the same song. except we're not 11.




after a miserable attempt at making a decent grade on my math test at 9am this morning, i decided i would take the rest of the day off. i went home and did something more productive than going to class- i took a really great nap. then i looked around my room at my clothes completely covering every inch of carpeting (i had forgotten how messy i am when i live without a roomate). i thought i might as well clean up.
as i was hanging up/folding my clean clothes i realized i just don't have anymore room. my cloest is completely stuffed and my dresser drawers couldn't hold one more sock. i actually had so many clothes on my floor because that's the only room i had for some of them! i even have some things in my mom's closet.

it was time to give some of my crap away.

this is something always hard for me because i love to create new outfits with old clothes, but i decided to get rid of anything i haven't worn in a while, anything that was ugly, or anything out of style. the pile on my bed accumulated to a huge heap, and after about only 20 minutes of sorting, here is the result:



pictured above: 2 pairs of capris (WHY did i own capris?! ) 3 pairs of jeans, 1 jacket, 7 shirts, 7 tank tops, 4 dresses, and 3 sweaters. talk about EXCESS. and that isn't even counting the "throw in the garbage" pile.

that's completely ridiculous. but, in my defesnse, i AM an excellent bargain shopper and get most of my stuff on sale. and i have a small closet.

No comments: